I hadn't realised how long it's been since my last post. I was really hoping to post updates every week but time seems to fly by.
Anyway, I decided to go with the mangroves as the inspiration for my abstract landscape tapestry. I just couldn't get past them.
It was Michelle's idea to use a different colour scheme that helped make up my mind. So, I played around with my limited knowledge of Photoshop
and came up with this
Because of the strong vertical lines in this design I wove the design sideways, which I found challenging.
The other main problem I am having is keeping my sides straight and parallel.
The other exercise I have completed & really enjoyed was the dyeing fibres. I ended up using large jars to dye in and placed them on a rack in an old frying pan filled with water.